Stay S•A•F•E

Gas Safety

 

Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.

 

Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:

Know Signs of Carbon Monoxide PoisoningOnly use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer

Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances and safety checked every year.





Get your gas appliances regularly serviced. Service your Appliances

Get your gas appliances regularly serviced.





Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm.Get an Alarm

Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm.





Check the Warning SignsCheck the Warning Signs

Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks or stains around the appliance.





Know the Signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoningKnow Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.

Know the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning




Check your engineer's Gas Safe cardAsk for a Gas Safe Engineer and Check the Card

Always ask for a Gas Safe registered engineer and always ask to see their ID card. If you suspect anyone to be working illegally report them to Gas Safe Register. If you have had gas work done in your property in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free gas safety inspection.





Stay Safe

For more information and to find and check an engineer go to www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.

Take care, Gas Safe.